Re: Strange Error

From: # sriram # <sriram(at)imsc(dot)ernet(dot)in>
To: Nick <nickf(at)ontko(dot)com>
Cc: Psql-Jdbc <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Strange Error
Date: 2002-02-26 13:04:06
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
mine is a standalone servlets now...

i believe there are no firewall scripts running on the machine...

believe me...this is pure ill luck...simple programs throwing complex

!Here are a few more ideas:
!> well....i missed the should read
!> jdbc:postgres://localhost:5432/mydb," "," ".....
!OK, so that's not the problem.
!> i mentioned apache and make matters more simple if someone
!> really feels that my jdbc classpath should also be present on the tomcat
!> lib directory....i tried that also...(sounds silly though)
!Are you running this through a servlet, or just in a standalone application?
!I'd suggest trying to debug this with a simple standalone application first
!& get tomcat involved once the database issue is resolved.
!> i ran netstat --tcp -a -n | grep 5432 and i found just 5432 listening to
!> my requests and there are no other clashes...
!I think others have experienced disconnects after an initial response due to
!some packet filtering, so I'm still curious about whether you have any
!network security software running.
!> i also tried running postmaster on a different port...but no avail...
!> some one mentioned that i am trying to access a jdbc2 statement......
!> how far can i go in that direction...
!> PS..amazingly mysql also throws the same error ??
!I think this is an important clue. I think it points again to another piece
!of software interfering.

pgsql-jdbc by date

Next:From: Dave CramerDate: 2002-02-26 13:18:31
Previous:From: Nick FankhauserDate: 2002-02-26 12:39:52