...Yes, OUR Jim Gray is missing....

From: Richard Troy <rtroy(at)ScienceTools(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: ...Yes, OUR Jim Gray is missing....
Date: 2007-01-31 08:15:32
Lists: pgsql-announce
Hi All...

...I was thinking there must be a lot of Jim Grays in the world so didn't
react strongly when I first heard, but I have just confirmed it's true:

Celebrated database researcher/pudit Jim Gray happens to be missing at
sea.

I know a lot of us know him. I just thought I should share it with the
community. Here's a write up on the situation from the San Francisco
Chronicle:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/01/30/BAGGTNR93G1.DTL&hw=Tenacious&sn=005&sc=667

Richard

--