Re: PostgreSQL and MySql

From: "scott(dot)marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)ihs(dot)com>
To: vijay raghava <vijayaraghava_m(at)rediffmail(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL and MySql
Date: 2004-04-12 16:51:52
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
On 10 Apr 2004, vijay  raghava wrote:

>   Hello PostgreSQL users,
>          This is a simple one but I couldn't find out the answer.
> What is the difference between PostgreSQL and MySql?

MySQL:  Easy to use, quirky SQL engine, sorta kinda free
PostgreSQL:  Industrial strength transactionally solid RDBMS.  Used to run
the .org and .info domains, and MANY >1TB databases around the world.

For some info on MySQL's odd behaviour in certain circumstances, read this
page:

http://sql-info.de/mysql/gotchas.html