Re: Do Petabyte storage solutions exist?

From: "scott(dot)marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)ihs(dot)com>
To: Bradley Kieser <brad(at)kieser(dot)net>
Cc: Tony and Bryn Reina <reina_ga(at)hotmail(dot)com>, <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Do Petabyte storage solutions exist?
Date: 2004-04-02 16:15:08
Lists: pgsql-admin

For quite some time. I believe the max table size of 32 TB was in effect
as far back as 6.5 or so. It's not some new thing. Now, the 8k row
barrier was broken with 7.1. I personally found the 8k row size barrier
to be a bigger problem back then. And 7.1 broke that in 2001, almost
exactly four years ago. 6.5 came out in 1999-06-09, so the limit to table
sizes was gone a very long time ago.