Re: Is autocommit=true bad?

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Net Llama! <netllama(at)linux-sxs(dot)org>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Is autocommit=true bad?
Date: 2004-01-28 23:35:20
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004, Net Llama! wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Jan 2004, Kris Jurka wrote:
> > On Tue, 27 Jan 2004, Net Llama! wrote:
> >
> > > Greetings,
> > > I've been tasked with maintaining a postgresql-7.3.4 database that has a
> > > J2EE app on the front end.
> > >
> > > In the pgsql log I see thousands upon thousands of entries like these:
> > > WARNING:  COMMIT: no transaction in progress
> >
> > I believe this is a symptom of an old version of the jdbc driver.  Perhaps
> > upgrading that would make this go away.
> OK thanks.  I'm pretty ignorant of jdbc drivers.  How could I determine
> what version is the most recent, and which version is in use?  thanks.

The most recent version is 7.4.1 and can be downloaded from here:  This will work on all older
versions and should be used regardless of your database version.  To
determine what version you currently have you can use something like

Connection conn = /* Get connection somehow */
DatabaseMetaData dbmd = conn.getMetaData();

Kris Jurka