Re: Booth at OSCON?

From: "Roderick A(dot) Anderson" <raanders(at)acm(dot)org>
To: Postgresql Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Booth at OSCON?
Date: 2004-01-22 00:24:28
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
On Wed, 21 Jan 2004, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I've a potential offer of sponsorship for a small booth at OSCON.   However,
> the sponsor wants us to do most of the staffing of the booth.
>
> For the people who are going, do you think that you can commit to covering it?
> This would mean that each of us would have to take at least 1/2 day in the
> booth, or better a full day, and that as many people as possible would be
> needed to staff it at lunchtime and 5pm.

I'm planning on attending (God willing and the creeks don't raise) and
would be more than willing to do 1/2 day or better.  As long as I don't
have to answer too technical of questions.  I'm an old Oracle
user/developer (5/6 years ago) and have a pretty fair grip on the
relational theory stuff but just getting back into actual database design
again.  I know what the rule system, functions, and friends buy a
developer and use them.  I've done a few simple applications with several
more in the works.  I do have to deal with MS SQL Server daily so
understand it's down-sides and get to cuss at MySQL a few times a month
when a php programmer(?) gets confused.

   (Geez enough of this.  I'm beginning to sound like I'm applying for a
job.  Well maybe I am.  :-)

Rod