Re: problem in handling transactions + jdbc

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Andrew Rawnsley <ronz(at)ravensfield(dot)com>
Cc: dinakar <din_akar(at)yahoo(dot)com>, <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: problem in handling transactions + jdbc
Date: 2004-01-20 12:15:24
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004, Andrew Rawnsley wrote:

> Setting autocommit to true doesn't actually issue a commit, I'm pretty
> sure.

Actually the JavaDoc claims "If this method is called during a
transaction, the transaction is committed." Our driver in fact only does
a commit only if you are changing the autocommit flag. It does nothing if
the value is the same.

It also has some rather complicated rules on when this commit should
happen in the presence of open ResultSets which looks complicated.

Kris Jurka