Re: Minimal system (was Re: Basic questions before start)

From: "scott(dot)marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)ihs(dot)com>
To: Ron Johnson <ron(dot)l(dot)johnson(at)cox(dot)net>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Minimal system (was Re: Basic questions before start)
Date: 2003-07-30 20:42:17
Lists: pgsql-general

On 30 Jul 2003, Ron Johnson wrote:

> On Wed, 2003-07-30 at 14:49, scott.marlowe wrote:

> [snip]
> > > How could he do local and remote access in PHP?
> >
> > I'm not sure what you mean. Local and remote access of postgresql?
> > that's easy. But do you mean something else? I'm just talking about
> > using ncurses from a command line.
> >
> > http://us2.php.net/manual/en/ref.ncurses.php
>
> This was all predicated upon my not knowing that there is a stand-
> alone PHP...

Ahhh. OK. Yeah, when I first started writing stuff in it and figured out
the cgi version worked fine as a scripting language I was so happy. Due
to its http heritage, you have to run it with a -q switch to tell it to
not add headers to its output.

It can even do asyn stream handling, but I haven't played with that much.