postgresql.conf

From: "scott(dot)marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)ihs(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: postgresql.conf
Date: 2003-07-30 16:59:23
Lists: pgsql-performance
I'm looking at doing the example postgresql.conf files for the 7.4
release. So far, the catagories we have would be a matrix of:

-------------- Large Machine -- Small Machine
Webserver
OLAP
OLTP
Workstation

But likely only one entry for workstation.

anyone have any advice on what they use in which situations and what we
should include in the examples?

I'm guessing OLTP needs things like FSM cranked up,
OLAP (a for analytical) needs more shared buffers and sort memory
Webserver might be better served just slightly higher values than default
but well under those of either OLTP or OLAP...

pgsql-performance by date

Next:From: Josh BerkusDate: 2003-07-30 17:19:21