Re: Using the /var/lib/pgsql/data directory in the absense

From: "scott(dot)marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)ihs(dot)com>
To: Srinivas Kotapally <ksrinivas(at)bisil(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Using the /var/lib/pgsql/data directory in the absense
Date: 2003-07-23 15:41:12
Lists: pgsql-admin

Whatever version of postgresql you WERE running is the same version you
now need to BE running. I.e. if you were running 7.3.x, you should
download 7.3.3 (or 7.3.4 if it's ready to go yet) and use THAT to get your
database up and running. Postgresql won't run databases from different
major versions.