Re: Need to select and update with the same sql statement

From: "scott(dot)marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)ihs(dot)com>
To: David Busby <busby(at)pnts(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Need to select and update with the same sql statement
Date: 2002-11-13 22:26:42
Lists: pgsql-php

Oh, I just thought of the better way than locking the whole table is to
use a "select for update" on the row you want to lock. I think that'll do
what you want and without locking the whole table. Of course, 20 lines of
PHP code runs pretty fast, so unless you're handling lotsa traffic locking
the table probably works fine too.