Hash and bools

From: Scott Marlowe <scott(dot)marlowe(at)ihs(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Hash and bools
Date: 2002-06-21 22:07:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

During the discussion of bools and hash index and partial indexes and
index growth and everything else, I tried to make a partial index on a
bool field and got the error that "data type bool has no default operator
for class hash..."

So, can I cast something to make this work, or is it possible to make
hash indexes work with bools. There are a few instances where a small
percentage of a table is marked false while the rest is true, or vice
versa, where a partial hash index would be nice to try, and may not have
the ever expanding index problem that brtees have.

--
"Force has no place where there is need of skill.", "Haste in every
business brings failures.", "This is the bitterest pain among men, to have