Re: Backup

From: Jason Friedman <jason(at)powerpull(dot)net>
To: ljsharpe <ljsharpe(at)westnet(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: pgsql novice <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Backup
Date: 2002-03-31 03:30:39
Lists: pgsql-novice

When you produced the two .sql backup files, what command did you use to
produce them?

In general, if you want to create a database with the same name as the old
one, you'll have to drop the old one first. If you've got lots of disk
space you could load the new backup as db2, verify it, then drop db1. On
the next backup cycle you can load db1, verify it, then drop db2, etc.

Jason