mod_auth_pgsql

From: <corz(at)southcarrollton(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: mod_auth_pgsql
Date: 2001-10-09 06:25:34
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

hello,
i have installed the latest version of mod_auth_pgsql on my server
running apache 1.3.20. I can't seen to find any documentation on how to
setup the inital tables for the database, or how to add users. This is
probably something extremely simple, but I just seem to be overlooking the
answer. I can create the tables just fine, but how do i add the encrypted
passwords? I tried using Auth_PG_hash_type to MD5, and then creating a
md5 password string using:

perl -MDigest::MD5 -e 'print Digest::MD5::md5_base64('mypass') . "\n"';

This gives me a md5 string, and i put that in the db where it needs to be,
but I still can't authenticate correctly. The error message I receive is:

PG user corz: password mismatch

Does anyone have a clue what I am doing wrong?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cory Wright
corz(at)southcarrollton(dot)net