mod_auth_pgsql

From: <corz(at)southcarrollton(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: mod_auth_pgsql
Date: 2001-10-09 06:25:34
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
hello,
   i have installed the latest version of mod_auth_pgsql on my server
running apache 1.3.20.  I can't seen to find any documentation on how to
setup the inital tables for the database, or how to add users.  This is
probably something extremely simple, but I just seem to be overlooking the
answer.  I can create the tables just fine, but how do i add the encrypted
passwords?  I tried using Auth_PG_hash_type to MD5, and then creating a
md5 password string using:

perl -MDigest::MD5 -e 'print Digest::MD5::md5_base64('mypass') . "\n"';

This gives me a md5 string, and i put that in the db where it needs to be,
but I still can't authenticate correctly.  The error message I receive is:

PG user corz: password mismatch

Does anyone have a clue what I am doing wrong?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cory Wright
corz(at)southcarrollton(dot)net

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: Michael DavisDate: 2001-10-10 14:21:48