Creating table columns from ???

From: Chadwick Rolfs <c2304182(at)webdevel(dot)urban(dot)csuohio(dot)edu>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Creating table columns from ???
Date: 2001-06-02 19:19:24
Lists: pgsql-novice
That is, anything but by hand...
It seems that there is a missing function that would be very obvious and
one of the first things available:
  here's what I want to do:
    create table form_two ( <file with names and values> );
  or even better, from perl, or php (I am now using Pg.pm)
    create table form_two ( %hash_with_names_and_values );

How easy does this look?  It seems that this would be though of already,
but the only way I see to make tables is this way...:

create table page_one (
	spacer	text null,
	name	text,
	street	text,
	city	text,
	state	text,
	zip	integer,
	length	integer,
	yorm	text,
	phone	text,
	opt	text,
	fax	text,
	email	text,
	ceo	text,
	senior	text,
	comp	text,
	d_o_c	date,
	webPG	text,
	n_o_b	text,
	pge	integer,
	spacer2	text null
);
(doesn't this seem a bit cumbersome?)

And this is the smallest out of eleven forms (a small web site indeed.)
So what do all those people do with huge sites, and bigger forms?  There
must be something I'm missing.  Please, someone point it out to me, as
this project goes to the funders june 8.
I appreciate everyone's help in all matters, thank you.

Chadwick Rolfs

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Mohammed ADate: 2001-06-02 22:21:42