Re: Fix for psql core dumping on bad user

From: "D(dot) Hageman" <dhageman(at)dracken(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Fix for psql core dumping on bad user
Date: 2001-04-18 12:06:48
Lists: pgsql-hackerspgsql-patches
Strange.  Maybe I haven't fully explored the problem then.  I would be
more then happy to supply a core file if you would like to analyze it.  I
also guess that I should have been more complete in my bug report.  I am
doing this on a RedHat 6.2 (Fully updated, Intel architecture) machine and
I have seen this behavior in the past several versions of PostgreSQL, but
just have now gotten around to doing something about it.  As far as how I
compile it, I usually use the roll rpms from the srpms that you create Tom?

I think I will go ahead and try it out on some other platforms later on
today ...

--
||  D. Hageman                               <dhageman(at)dracken(dot)com>  ||