libpq

From: Egil Moeller <redhog(at)redhog(dot)org>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: libpq
Date: 2003-01-02 06:09:56
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
I'm ATM trying to use the libpq to access a PostgreSQL 7.2 database with
multibyte character encoding turned on and set to UNICODE. Client encoding
is UNICODE, too. I'm trying to insert data into a table with a column of
type bytea, escaping the data using PQescapeBytea (and of course
surrounding its output with ' and ' in the insert statement). However,
when doing so, I get the error message 'ERROR:  Unterminated quoted
string'. How come this happens, and what may I have done wrong? I am also
curious as to why there is no PQunescapeBytea in 7.2 (there is one in 7.3,
according to the documentation). How is data returned from a select of a
bytea field to be interpreted?
Regards,
Egil

P.S. Please do rreply to my personal address, aswell as to the list, as I
have the recieve-mail option turned of for this list. D.S.

--
http://redhog.org
GPG Public key: http://redhog.org/PGP%20Public%20key.asc

pgsql-interfaces by date