Re: Rolling v7.2.1 ...

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Rolling v7.2.1 ...
Date: 2002-03-27 02:37:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Marc G. Fournier writes:

> good point ... but, where should I be pulling from? ~ftp/pub/doc/7.2
> contains .pdf files, which I didn't think we wanted to put into the
> distribution ... is there an alternative place I should be pulling docs
> >from then ~ftp/pub/dev/doc?

No, there currently is no place where these docs are built, because this
is the first time we're releasing from this branch. I've been trying all
day to build them on postgresql.org, but that machine seems to be
incredibly slow right now. I'll try again later.

> should there be a step in the 'build dist'
> that builds the docs based on the sgml?

I've been promoting that every time this problem happens. And the problem
does happen every time we're making a minor release. I think it's about
time to clean this up. But it won't happen in the 7.2 branch anymore.

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net