Re: Translation of the documentation

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Roberto Mello <rmello(at)cc(dot)usu(dot)edu>
Cc: <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Translation of the documentation
Date: 2002-01-10 03:23:35
Lists: pgsql-docs
Roberto Mello writes:

> What is the current license? BSD?

: Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software and its
: documentation for any purpose, without fee, and without a written agreement
: is hereby granted, provided that the above copyright notice and this
: paragraph and the following two paragraphs appear in all copies.
: [...]

> Can this translation be put under something like the GFDL?

That depends on what the GFDL says in detail, and as long as you obey the
original license.  Personally I think the GFDL is very complicated and
unnecessary unless you're dead-sold on the GPL already.  Especially for
the PostgreSQL core we don't want to diverge from the existing licensing.