Re: Working with Docbook XML

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Roberto Mello <rmello(at)cc(dot)usu(dot)edu>
Cc: <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Working with Docbook XML
Date: 2001-12-21 22:28:43
Lists: pgsql-docs

Roberto Mello writes:

> I've been using xsltproc to convert these Docbook XML docs to HTML. Anyone
> know of better alternatives?

As far as XSLT processing goes, you won't find anything significantly
better (and free) than xsltproc. But you can also use Jade and the DSSSL
stylesheets.

> I would like to be able to convert to PS/PDF as well.

Either with Jade to RTF, then with a word processor to PS, or with Jade to
tex, then with JadeTeX to DVI or PDF, or with Jade to MIF, then with Adobe
Framemaker to whatever, or with xsltproc (or Saxon or Xalan or ...) to
XSL-FO, then with PassiveTeX or with FOP to PDF. Plus some
you-have-to-pay-for-it possibilities I can't recall right now.

> I'm using the nwalsh chunks.xsl stylesheet to convert the top-level book
> to HTML. It includes 2 levels of sections in the main index.html. I'd like
> it to only do 1 level in the main page. Anyone know how to go about doing
> that?

Set the parameter "toc.section.depth" to something else.

The mailing list docbook-apps(at)lists(dot)oasis-open(dot)org is a good place to get
these kinds of questions answered. Be sure to read the documentation
first.

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net