Re: pgsql/src/interfaces/python GNUmakefile

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: "D'Arcy J(dot)M(dot) Cain" <darcy(at)druid(dot)net>
Cc: <pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgsql/src/interfaces/python GNUmakefile
Date: 2001-12-14 19:03:23
Lists: pgsql-committers
D'Arcy J.M. Cain writes:

> > Log message:
> > 	revert last change
>
> Can I ask why please?  These changes were discussed on list and I agreed
> to wait for the release before submitting them.
>
> Given that PyGreSQL was supposed to be somewhat autonomous I think that
> this should at least have had a little more explanation.

1. The changes broke the build.

2. Waiting for release means waiting for release.  I didn't see a release
   yet.

3. It was *not* agreed to wait for the release.  You did not reply to my
   objections to the patch.  As I explained, implementing the python
   compilation this way is broken.

4. PyGresSQL is not autonomous.  I think you shouldn't have moved the
   development into the main tree if you thought so.