Re: 7.1.3 fails to configure with kerberos on NetBSD/macppc

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: "Henry B(dot) Hotz" <hotz(at)jpl(dot)nasa(dot)gov>
Cc: <pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 7.1.3 fails to configure with kerberos on NetBSD/macppc
Date: 2001-12-06 19:27:38
Lists: pgsql-ports

Henry B. Hotz writes:

> Configure is looking for krb5_encrypt in libcrypt. It's there, but
> it's in /usr/lib/libkrb5.*. How do I make it look there?
>
> I can't just ln -s libkrb5 libcrypt because the latter already exists
> and contains the DES stuff. NetBSD 1.5.x switched from the MIT code
> to the kth.se Heimdal code. For those of us who care about AFS this
> is a big win. In fact just about every kerberos implementation
> except MIT's is AFS compatible (including all Mac implementations
> except the MIT code in MacOS X). Grrr.

Heimdal support is being worked on, but it won't be in 7.2. Attached is a
patch which represents the work so far. It might work for you, since you
have NetBSD 1.5 where they supposedly fixed the linker.

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net

Attachment Content-Type Size
heimdal-patch text/plain 5.4 KB