Re: Call for platform testing

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: <thomas(at)pgsql(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Call for platform testing
Date: 2001-11-29 16:05:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Thomas Lockhart writes:

> > OSR5 is the old Sco 3.2 stuff, and is a totally different
> > beast/codeset.
>
> Maybe I'll just remove mention of it altogether. Either it is
> supportable because it is Unix-y and somewhat compatible with other SCO
> products, or it isn't, but it isn't worth guessing at either way unless
> someone can test it.

This seems to be a little drastic, just because one company ships two
separate products and everyone is confused about why they would do that.
Quite a few people do use OpenServer (successfully, after a few patches
against 7.1 which made it into 7.2), but if no one ends up submitting a
test result it will simply stay in the unsupported area.

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net