Re: Patch to add Heimdal kerberos support

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden(at)netbsd(dot)org>, <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Patch to add Heimdal kerberos support
Date: 2001-11-14 16:24:38
Lists: pgsql-patches
Tom Lane writes:

> Couldn't we do this in a way that doesn't require a user configure switch?

We've seen a Heimdal patch before that had the same source changes but
solved the configury in some other ugly way.  It's not trivial to write a
macro that checks for struct members.  However, that other patch didn't
need to link in all these extra libraries as this patch tries; it only
used -lkrb5.  There is only one Heimdal I trust?