Documentation PostgreSQL-specific JDBC methods

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Documentation PostgreSQL-specific JDBC methods
Date: 2001-11-05 20:05:45
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-jdbc

The Programmer's Guide section 8.6 documents PostgreSQL-specific
extensions to the JDBC standard, such as the large object and the fastpath
interfaces. Right now most of this is just one big monospaced environment
with ASCII markup. I've tried to convert some of this to real DocBook
markup in the past, but this process was just tiresome because the
structure of the documentation could not be rendered very well in DocBook.

I think this could probably be done better by generating this material
directly with Javadoc and putting an external link in the DocBook-based
documentation.

Comments?

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net http://funkturm.homeip.net/~peter