Re: Web Development with Database

From: Joel Burton <joel(at)joelburton(dot)com>
To: David Link <dlink(at)soundscan(dot)com>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, "pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Web Development with Database
Date: 2001-10-18 17:43:04
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Wed, 17 Oct 2001, David Link wrote:

> What are other people's opinions on this?
> What is www.postgresql.org developed on?

Don't want to steer everyone too off-topic, but I'll be happy to plug
another Open Source project: I use Zope for several sites I run, all
using PostgreSQL as the backend database, and I'm very happy. There are
large Zope sites (though there are much larger Perl sites and ASP sites);
but Zope has a nice Open Source feel, a good learning curve, and very fast
dev time. Been drafting a technical document for the PG + Zope communities
on lessons learned in using both products together; if anyone has anything
they'd like to add to this, please email me.

OpenACS is also an excellent web app dev environment that uses PostgreSQL.
It's the PG version of Ars Digita's ACS. (tcl isn't my cup of tea,
personally, but it is a nice setup).

--

Joel BURTON | joel(at)joelburton(dot)com | joelburton.com | aim: wjoelburton
Independent Knowledge Management Consultant