Large Objects

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Large Objects
Date: 2001-09-15 14:33:05
Lists: pgsql-docs
Chapter 2, Programmer's Guide says:

| In Postgres, data values are stored in tuples and individual tuples
| cannot span data pages. Since the size of a data page is 8192 bytes, the
| upper limit on the size of a data value is relatively low. To support the
| storage of larger atomic values, Postgres provides a large object
| interface.

This is relatively untrue.  We need to come up with a better reason for
why the large object interface exists, if only because the above *used* to
be true.

Any ideas?

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net   http://funkturm.homeip.net/~peter

pgsql-docs by date

Next:From: Karl BabcockDate: 2001-09-15 22:15:22