Re: ODBC include files

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Hiroshi Inoue <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ODBC include files
Date: 2001-08-24 11:23:50
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Hiroshi Inoue writes:

> > I also see that our isqlext.h includes isql.h without an iodbc/ path
> > prefix, which seems incorrect.
>
> Sorry where's iodbc/ ?

If you install the odbc driver from the source distribution then the said
headers are installed into /usr/local/pgsql/include/iodbc/*.h.  So if you
blindly do -I/usr/local/pgsql/include and #include "iodbc/isqlext.h" you
won't find isql.h (or worse, the wrong one).  I think this is the remnant
of an improper import of the odbc driver into out our source tree way back
when.

> > Is there something that might need updating here?  If I were to write an
> > ODBC application, which package's files should I include?
>
> IMHO you should include iodbc package's files.

Perhaps we should not install ours at all in that case?  The iodbc ones
seem better maintained and you need to have iodbc anyway.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net   http://funkturm.homeip.net/~peter