Re: furiously yours

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: <rkrk(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: furiously yours
Date: 2001-06-17 12:32:58
Lists: pgsql-bugs

rkrk(at)hotmail(dot)com writes:

> Correct me if I'm wrong, but it is my understanding that 7.1 rpms where compiled on a machine with LC_ALL=C and this is why it does the sorting differently, now for me to be able to have a newer version that sorts things they way I want them I have to install the srpms and configure, then install on my machine, I tried it with a couple of versions and it worked. I also tried to change the LC_ALL variable before runing initdb on the version 7.0.3 I have it did not work.

It doesn't matter where they were compiled, only what the setting was when
initdb ran. The rpms set LC_ALL to C somewhere in the environment of the
postgres user or in the init script, I don't remember. Check there if you
want to change it.

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net http://funkturm.homeip.net/~peter