FYI: status of native language support

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL Development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: FYI: status of native language support
Date: 2001-06-04 21:22:29
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

PostgreSQL is going multi-lingual! The infrastructure for message
internationalization is now in place, and if you want to see your favorite
language supported in the next release, this would be a good time to
gather up and volunteer for translation.

At this time, most of psql and much of the backend server have been
prepared for message translation. Over the coming weeks I hope to finish
both of these and prepare libpq, so that we have a presentable end-to-end
solution available. The rest will follow as time permits.

If you think you want to work on message translation, see this URL for an
introduction:

http://www.de.postgresql.org/devel-corner/docs/postgres/nls.html

At this time there exists a fairly well progressed German translation for
psql and placeholder-type German translation for the backend, which can
both serve as examples.

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net http://funkturm.homeip.net/~peter