Re: Proceeding with gettext

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL Development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Proceeding with gettext
Date: 2001-06-02 14:47:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane writes:

> Are you planning to tackle any of the other elog-related stuff that's
> been discussed in the past?  (Automatic file/linenumber information,
> relabeling the set of severity codes, that sort of thing?)

Planning...  I don't think I'm interested in the file/line information,
given the cruftyness it would require.  I can find that information with
find | xargs grep just fine.  Error codes are high on my agenda, but the
specification still needs to be finalized.

> Sooner or later we're going to have to bite the bullet and edit every
> elog instance in the system.

I don't think I want to do that.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net   http://funkturm.homeip.net/~peter