Re: Re: pgsql + qnx

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: "Tegge, Bernd" <tegge(at)repas-aeg(dot)de>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, <pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re: pgsql + qnx
Date: 2001-05-22 20:57:09
Lists: pgsql-ports
Tegge, Bernd writes:

> >The first line looks like a broken compiler installation.  The second line
> >should, if at all, go into the template file.  But I don't like us using
> >arbitrary include paths.  If the compiler vendor decides to not go there
> >by default they had a reason.  In any case there would be an equivalent
> >LDFLAGS setting missing.  Also, -I options should go into CPPFLAGS.
> Could you elaborate ? I am not sure which template file you refer to.

> In case you are thinking of the gcc installation, I guess they could be
> scrapped. However, Watcom does not search these directories by default.
> In fact, IIRC a OOB QNX4 install does not even *have* a '/usr/local'. I
> have included this because TCL and zlib install their headers there.

Only if you tell them to install them there.  Which is probably a
reasonable thing to do, but since /usr/local is not considered an integral
part of the system we shouldn't force it upon the user.  It's just a
matter of keeping things clean.

> >The plpgsql issue should be fixed by making the ifneq
> >($(enable_shared),yes) sections in plpgsql/src/Makefile cover the parts
> >you don't want to execute.  That's what it is for, it just hasn't been
> >exercised yet.
> Not really, it's because building the static library kills wlib. It is
> a platform specific problem similar to the hack in backend/Makefile.
> Of course I could make this dependant on enable_shared, but I don't like
> using two different flags to work around the same bug.

I see.  But the static lib is kind of useless in this case, so we could
turn it all off and get rid of the wlib problem at the same time?