Re: [HACKERS] Hardcopy docs available

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)fourpalms(dot)org>
Cc: <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Hardcopy docs available
Date: 2001-04-20 19:14:45
Lists: pgsql-announce pgsql-docs pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

Thomas Lockhart writes:

> I've posted the 7.1 hardcopy (postscript) docs at

This list is getting out of hand:

Read the Administrator's Guide online
Download the Postscript version of the Administrator's Guide
Download the HTML version of the Administrator's Guide

Read the Developer's Guide online
Download the Postscript version of the Developer's Guide
Download the HTML version of the Developer's Guide

Read the Integrated Docs online
Download the HTML version of the Integrated Docs

Read the Programmer's Guide online
Download the Postscript version of the Programmer's Guide
Download the HTML version of the Programmer's Guide

Read the Reference Manual online
Download the Postscript version of the Reference Manual
Download the HTML version of the Reference Manual

Read the Tutorial online
Download the Postscript version of the Tutorial
Download the HTML version of the Tutorial

Read the User's Guide online
Download the Postscript version of the User's Guide
Download the HTML version of the User's Guide

There should only be one link "Read Documentation Online". When you click
on that you get all the tables of content and you can make a much better
decision which book you actually want to read.

In any case, this list could be better organized visually. Maybe
something like

_Read Documentation Online_

_Download the Documentation_

* HTML

Complete documentation set (tar.gz, 648k)
Complete documentation on a single page (xxxk)

Administrator's Guide (tar.gz, xxxk)
Administrator's Guide on a single page (xxxk)

Developers' Guide (tar.gz, xxxk)
etc.

* Postscript

Administrator's Guide [ A4 ] [ US Letter ]
Developer's Guide [ A4 ] [ US Letter ]
etc.

* PDF

> I've also generated standalone html versions of the docs in case someone
> wants that format. All are available at the http reference above.

Should we integrate these into the build system?

> Can someone generate PDF versions of these?

ps2pdf

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net http://funkturm.homeip.net/~peter