Re: Same question about PostgreSql

From: Poet/Joshua Drake <poet(at)linuxports(dot)com>
To: "Sergey E(dot) Volkov" <sve(at)raiden(dot)bancorp(dot)ru>
Cc: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Same question about PostgreSql
Date: 2001-04-15 06:01:47
Lists: pgsql-sql

>How stable is PostgreSql ?
>I know, PostgreSql doesn't support 'prepare ' operation, is it successful to
>use one for OLTP databases ?

Speaking from experience, I have personally stress tested Postgres under
loads of over 512 persistent connections with our LXP application server
with zero problems.

<COMPANY>CommandPrompt - http://www.commandprompt.com </COMPANY>
<PROJECT>OpenDocs, LLC. - http://www.opendocs.org </PROJECT>
<PROJECT>LinuxPorts - http://www.linuxports.com </PROJECT>
<WEBMASTER>LDP - http://www.linuxdoc.org </WEBMASTER>
--
Instead of asking why a piece of software is using "1970s technology,"
start asking why software is ignoring 30 years of accumulated wisdom.