Re: initdb problem...

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Jason Tishler <Jason(dot)Tishler(at)dothill(dot)com>
Cc: chris markiewicz <cmarkiew(at)commnav(dot)com>, <pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <chris(dot)markiewicz(at)commnav(dot)com>
Subject: Re: initdb problem...
Date: 2001-04-12 22:53:05
Lists: pgsql-ports
Jason Tishler writes:

> I think that I know what your problem is.  Did you forget to start the
> ipc-daemon?  This must be running whenever postmaster is running.
> Otherwise, initdb, postmaster, etc. will hang.

Isn't there some way this could behave more intelligently?  I would think
that if ipc-daemon isn't running then there is no SysV IPC and shmget() or
semget() should fail with some error.  Or it could die horribly, but not
hang.

--
Peter Eisentraut      peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net       http://yi.org/peter-e/