Re: copy from multi-line text problem

From: "Brett W(dot) McCoy" <bmccoy(at)chapelperilous(dot)net>
To: Andrew McMillan <andrew(at)catalyst(dot)net(dot)nz>
Cc: Igor Velkov <iav(at)saules(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Novice <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: copy from multi-line text problem
Date: 2001-04-09 00:58:05
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Mon, 9 Apr 2001, Andrew McMillan wrote:

> > Can I import tis file somehow?
>
> I have a perl script which I use to parse comma-separated files like
> this. It is 'sort-of' generic, but you would need to customise it a
> little for your situation.

DBD::CSV is another option for moving stuff from a comma-separated text
file into Postgres. I use it all the time for this. Gives me more
control over what I am importing in, because I am using SQL to get stuff
out of the text file and using SQL to insert it into Postgres. It may not
be the fastest option, but it's definitely more flexible.

-- Brett
http://www.chapelperilous.net/btfwk/
All a man needs out of life is a place to sit 'n' spit in the fire.