Re: Cygwin PostgreSQL Distribution

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Jason Tishler <Jason(dot)Tishler(at)dothill(dot)com>
Cc: Pgsql-Ports <pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Cygwin PostgreSQL Distribution
Date: 2001-04-05 21:26:50
Lists: pgsql-ports
Jason Tishler writes:

> BTW, my pre-built Cygwin PostgreSQL tarball has the following directory
> structure under the configure prefix:
>
>     bin
>     doc
>     doc/html
>     include
>     include/lib
>     include/libpq

What do you put into these two?  It's not necessarily a good idea to
divert from the standard layout under include because people might start
relying on `pg_config --includedir` to configure their packages.  But if
there is some standard that requires you to do this...

>     include/libpq++
>     lib
>     man
>     man/cat1 # added by me to speed up man
>     man/catl # added by me to speed up man
>     man/man1
>     man/manl
>     share
>
> I hope that it is OK -- that is I don't see any "include/postgresql" or
> "share/postgresql" as indicated above.

You only get these if $prefix doesn't contain "postgresql" (or pgsql)
already, like in the case of /usr/local.

--
Peter Eisentraut      peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net       http://yi.org/peter-e/