Re: missing data

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Dave Perkins <drp(at)shore(dot)net>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: missing data
Date: 2001-03-29 19:39:21
Lists: pgsql-general

Dave Perkins writes:

> I'm running postgresql 6.5 on Red Hat Linux 6.2 and have run into a
> situation where I am able to open a database connection using psql yet
> there is no trace of any tables in the database even though all the data
> files are present when I browse the database directory.

Depending on your definition of "no trace", this might work: Try

select relname, relowner from pg_class;

If this shows table names that sound familiar, then it is likely that the
user indicated by "relowner" disappeared. Look into the table pg_shadow
to make sure some user's usesysid column matches relowner. (It's safe to
change these with update commands.)