Re: Revamped PL/pgSQL Documentation

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Roberto Mello <rmello(at)cc(dot)usu(dot)edu>
Cc: <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Revamped PL/pgSQL Documentation
Date: 2001-03-16 21:16:07
Lists: pgsql-docs

Roberto Mello writes:

> The declarations syntax is listed as follows:
>
> name [ CONSTANT ] type [ NOT NULL ] [ DEFAULT | := value ];

This is correct, at least according to the parser file. Maybe DEFAULT
means to use the type's default value. Should probably be documented.
;-)

> > Could you also please reformat the source with one space indents (no
> > tabs)?
>
> For _every_ line?

To be precise, the content of each block element. E.g.,

<chapter>
<title>foo</title>

<para>
content
</para>

<sect1>
<title>...

> Or you mean the <programlisting> sections?

Verbatim environments should not be indented, especially the closing tags.
Otherwise you get spurious empty lines in the output.

> I am using Emacs and PSGML so it indents it for me. I don't know how I
> could change that or exactly what do you want me to change.

The locale variables at the bottom of each file should adjust this. Maybe
you haven't turned them on? Or you could set up Emacs as described in the
Developer's Guide.

> When I do a <TAB> in Emacs, it indents one space after the previous
> element. Isn't that the way it's supposed to be?

Well, in the source I have from you it seems to insert a tab character.

> Oh, another question: from the file I have (plsql.sglm)), how do I
> generate HTML output? I can do it with Jade for <article>s, but can't
> seemto find the jade switches for chapters.

In the declaration (<!DOCTYPE...) you replace article or book by whatever
your top level element is. No special switches should be required for
either one. But you need to insert that declaration for processing.