Re: Various bugs with PG7.1 8th March snapshot on Solaris 8 INTEL

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Justin Clift <jclift(at)iprimus(dot)com(dot)au>, <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Various bugs with PG7.1 8th March snapshot on Solaris 8 INTEL
Date: 2001-03-14 16:28:07
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Tom Lane writes:

> Maybe the AC_TRY_RUN tests could be moved up to before we start probing
> for libraries?

The overall order of the tests should stay this way, I think. Some
library could actually alter the result of a run test. (Think about some
-lcompat or -lbsd getting in the way, not unlikely at all with snprintf.)
Instead we could run an empty test program before the real tests. If an
empty program fails to run we can abort in good conscience.