Re: State of the QNX Port

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: "Tegge, Bernd" <tegge(at)repas-aeg(dot)de>
Cc: <pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: State of the QNX Port
Date: 2001-03-01 16:24:53
Lists: pgsql-ports

Tegge, Bernd writes:

> * config/prep_buildtree :
> * caused configure to exit, because the QNX shell may or may not return
> an exit code of 0 if a script just ends without an exit statement.
> added an 'exit 0' as last line

Okay.

> * the script called from configure replaced all Makefiles with
> symlinks to themselves. This is because configure notices a difference
> between $abs_top_builddir and $abs_top_srcdir. However they are the
> same; the former just contains a net absolute path (i.e. has a
> //<node> prefix ). This might also happen if the path contains a
> symlink that is being resolved in one of the variables.
> probably QNX specific

I'm not sure I believe that. We have

abs_top_srcdir=`cd $srcdir && pwd`
abs_top_builddir=`pwd`

($srcdir should be '.' in most cases.) prep_buildtree is called only if
those are different. This should not happen unless your pwd program has a
behaviour I've never heard of. Please investigate.

> * The shell command for remove-old-headers in ~/src/include/Makefile gave a
> syntax error, because of a missing semicolon:

Okay.

> * missing -lz in ~/src/bin/pg_dump/Makefile for pg_dump and pg_restore.
> pg_dump and pg_restore make calls into the zlib, but have no -lz in the
> link command.

-lz should be found by configure and should be in the LIBS variable.
Look for lines

checking for zlib.h... yes
checking for inflate in -lz... yes

when configuring. As you seemingly do have libz installed, maybe you
could check in config.log why they're not found.

> - replacement ~/src/backend/port/dynloader/qnx4.h
> (clashed with the new fmgr code )

Can you explain the nature of the "clash"? I don't follow your change
offhand.