Re: case sensitivity

From: "Brett W(dot) McCoy" <bmccoy(at)chapelperilous(dot)net>
To: "Peter T(dot) Brown" <peter(at)memeticsystems(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: case sensitivity
Date: 2001-03-01 02:47:44
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Wed, 28 Feb 2001, Peter T. Brown wrote:

> I've noticed that when creating databases, column names always end up in
> lower case. Is there anyway to use mixed case column names?

Quote your column names when you create them:

create table mytable (
"Id" integer primary key,
"UserName" varchar(25)
);

You will also have to quote the names in query statements as well, IIRC.

-- Brett
http://www.chapelperilous.net/~bmccoy/
If you notice that a person is deceiving you, they must not be
deceiving you very well.