Re: PL/SQL-to-PL/pgSQL-HOWTO

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Roberto Mello <rmello(at)cc(dot)usu(dot)edu>
Cc: <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PL/SQL-to-PL/pgSQL-HOWTO
Date: 2001-02-27 15:58:36
Lists: pgsql-docs
Roberto Mello writes:

> 	It's a documentation license with the same spirit as the GPL
> basically. I only licensed it under the GFDL because it was the only one I
> knew of. If that poses a problem for inclusion into the PG docs (which are
> BSD licensed? how does the BSD licenso apply to documentation?) please

Like this:

: Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software and its
: documentation for any purpose, without fee, and without a written agreement
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
: is hereby granted, provided that the above copyright notice and this
: paragraph and the following two paragraphs appear in all copies.

> let's discuss it so we can reach an agreement.
> 	All I want is to help the PG docs to be better. Is there a
> "Documentation-TODO" somewhere? I'd be happy to tackle something else when
> I finish PL/pgSQL.

Not really.  You get to pick.  But I can tell you a few things that I
would personally like to see done.

> 	On that topic (PL/pgSQL) I wanted to know from Thomas if it's ok for
> mo to break the topics in the PL/pgSQL docs. I find that the
> "everything-under-description" approach is confusing to refer to. It's
> hard to see the topics, etc. Breaking up the topics under "description"
> would also allow we to add more specific and rich examples.

I say, whatever you say goes.  ;-)

> 	That's one of the reasons I like the lpd.dsl stylesheet. It creates
>  tables of contents with <sect2>'s listed. (look at
> http://www.brasileiro.net/roberto/howto for an example).

We got that too now.  Since Sunday, I think.

--
Peter Eisentraut      peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net       http://yi.org/peter-e/