Re: 7.1 printed manuals

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>, PostgreSQL-documentation <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 7.1 printed manuals
Date: 2001-02-10 10:46:06
Lists: pgsql-docs
Bruce Momjian writes:

> Just a question.  Can you dump as SGML to Latex, then add the pdfmarks
> macro to the top of the file?.  That may add the proper marks.

I don't know of a way to convert DocBook to plain LaTeX.  Jadetex is just
a macro package on top of LaTeX in the same way as LaTeX is a macro
package on top of TeX.  That means what you have in mind should probably
work.

However, there's also pdfjadetex, which is a macro package on top of
pdflatex, which is a macro package on top of pdftex, which does all the
linking for you.

There are also a number of other ways to create PDF from DocBook,
including fot2pdf (first make a FOT from DocBook SGML) and PassiveTeX
(which goes through XML).  Endless room for experimentation for interested
parties. ;-)

--
Peter Eisentraut      peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net       http://yi.org/peter-e/