Re: GNU readline and BSD license

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: <prlw1(at)cam(dot)ac(dot)uk>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: GNU readline and BSD license
Date: 2000-12-31 12:06:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Patrick Welche writes:

> I had an attempt at fooling configure to look in libedit rather than
> readline, and all was OK except our libedit doesn't have "rl_special_prefixes"
> so tab-complete:105 is unhappy - I don't know what it is meant to do...

I've removed the statement for now, since it was being used incorrectly
anyway, but for the future I suggest that NetBSD catch up, if it wants to
stay compatible.

 - Variable: char * rl_special_prefixes
     The list of characters that are word break characters, but should
     be left in TEXT when it is passed to the completion function.
     Programs can use this to help determine what kind of completing to
     do.  For instance, Bash sets this variable to "$@" so that it can
     complete shell variables and hostnames.

--
Peter Eisentraut      peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net       http://yi.org/peter-e/