Re: Auto Increment

From: "Brett W(dot) McCoy" <bmccoy(at)chapelperilous(dot)net>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Postgres Users <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Auto Increment
Date: 2000-12-27 05:15:16
Lists: pgsql-general
On Tue, 26 Dec 2000, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > See the documentation on CREATE SEQUENCE, and also on CREATE TABLE and the
> > SERIAL type.
> >
> > [An aside:  this is something definitely that qualifies as a frequently
> > asked question, as this is like the 4th time in a week this question has
> > been asked.  Would posting a FAQ list on a regular basis to the list be
> > helpful for things like this, like is done on the Perl newsgroups?]
> >

> I don't think so.  Doesn't everyone know the location of the FAQ?

Perhaps not -- this is what I am wondering.  Is it sent to subscribers as
part of a welcome message?  At any rate, this particular question I think
has now qualified for the FAQ, at the very least!  Or maybe even a section
in the FAQ for people coming over from MySQL...

-- Brett

PS.  Got your book, Bruce.  Nice job!
                                     http://www.chapelperilous.net/~bmccoy/
"The pyramid is opening!"
   "Which one?"
"The one with the ever-widening hole in it!"
-- The Firesign Theatre