ODBC on Solaris

From: Michael Sims <msims(at)pumatech(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: ODBC on Solaris
Date: 2000-12-22 23:19:16
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Greetings all,

I wish to use PostgreSQL via ODBC from a Solaris machine.

I've compiled the ODBC driver, set up the pgsql server on my Linux box,
and discovered the hard way that the pgsql ODBC driver is case-sensitive
when it comes to the names of the values in .odbc.ini.  I have even gotten
my client to connect.

However, when I try to read the names of the tables present using
SQLTables(), I get the following error: "Couldn't allocate statement for
SQLTables result."  This also happens for SQLExecDirect().

I've searched the web and mailing list archives and have found the Linux
solution for an older version of the driver (needing to add -lm -lc
-Bsymbolic), but nothing for Solaris.  Is there an analogous fix I can
make?

I'm using Solaris 2.7, PostgreSQL 7.0.3, and pgsqlODBC 0.26.

Thanks for your time.

	Mike

--
msims(at)pumatech(dot)com