Re: postgres docs (was Re: Crash during WAL recovery?)

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Norman Clarke <norman(at)junkonline(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: postgres docs (was Re: Crash during WAL recovery?)
Date: 2000-12-04 21:21:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Norman Clarke writes:

> I am interested in volunteering some time to helping with the documentation

Good.  Not sure exactly what you want to do, but we need help in just
about every area, including proof-reading/copy-editing sort of stuff,
markup/consistency improvements, verification of examples, trying out the
outlined procedures from the point of view of a naïve user, rewriting old
stuff, documenting new stuff, etc.

Since we're going beta any minute now the primary focus would currently be
on getting everything completed and updated, rather than undertaking major
rewrites.

The Developer's Guide which should be found at or near
www.postgresql.org/devel-corner/docs has an appendix that explains how the
documentation is handled.  Contributions are accepted even if you don't
completely understand DocBook or don't want to bother installing the
tools.  (OTOH, it's very rewarding to have installed the tools and to have
understood DocBook. :-))

--
Peter Eisentraut      peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net       http://yi.org/peter-e/