SuSE Linux 7.0 SMP (was: Re: RE : Postgres)

From: Reinhard Max <max(at)suse(dot)de>
To: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: SuSE Linux 7.0 SMP (was: Re: RE : Postgres)
Date: 2000-10-30 17:37:46
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi,

On Mon, 30 Oct 2000, Thomas Lockhart wrote:

> > Just to let you know it looks like ver 7.0 does not run on SuSE7.0 SMP
> > Kernel. Has this been fixed on 7.02 at all?
>
> As Peter asked, we need more info to help you. But fwiw, I've been
> running on SMP linux for several years with no problems. SuSE will
> work just fine too, so keep at it ;)

I am responsible for the PostgreSQL packages in SuSE Linux. So far I
haven't received any complaints regarding PostgreSQL and SMP kernels
on SuSE Linux 7.0 .

If anyone has any trouble with that combination, please let me know.

cu
Reinhard
--
If you put garbage in a computer nothing comes out but garbage.
But this garbage, having passed through a very expensive machine,