Re: Learning PostgreSQL

From: "Nigel J(dot) Andrews" <nandrews(at)investsystems(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Gevik Babakhani <gevik(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Learning PostgreSQL
Date: 2003-10-05 21:48:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, 5 Oct 2003, Gevik Babakhani wrote:

> Dear PostgreSQL masters,
>
> I know this might look like a childish question and you
> probably might have a good laugh over this but I
> would like to learn how PostgreSQL works inside-out.
> Could anyone please give me some pointers of where to start
> in/from the source code?
>
> I am grateful for any help.

As Bruce says, the developers website (http://developer.postgresql.org/ - I
think). On the other hand I'd suggest a good read of the user documentation
first. Get an idea of what it can do from the user perspective then start
poking around inside.

When it comes to poking around inside a decent start might be to take a look at
one of the PLs and contrib items.

--
Nigel